pur.clothing - Let's talk slow fashion

I've been wondering: Is it appropriate to ignore what's happening around us (cov19  situation) and write about beauty & fashion? Should I address this crisis topic? After all, it's not like I haven't been thinking about it or checking the graphs daily. But my thoughts aren't clear on this subject, plus, I've been meaning to present you a project that has been on my mind for quite a while. So I'm starting with that. 

I've said before that I want to support local, sustainable and ethical brands as much as possible. But if I'm being honest, half of the brands I know don't suit my taste or expectations and most of the rest are way out of my budget. Now, that I've found a gem, I have to write about it.


Pam pam! PUR.clothing is a brand born in TimiÈ™oara that is working towards challenging customers perceptions towards fashion, sustainability and nature. I've first heard about them because Roxana, the founder, happened to study at the same University I did. With a background in architecture, you can see her educated taste both in her garments and in her workplace interior design. Ok, ok - now, let's get personal! In order to see what this brand is all about I got myself some items and I decided to spend half a day at their studio and see how things work around there. 

First of all, the location looks amazing. Roxana redesigned the space in order to deliver a simple, minimalist, but cozy atmosphere. Basically, that's how I'd also like my office to look like. Old wooden floors, an industrial looking rack for clothing, simple furniture and neutral colors.

We had a tea, shared a chocolate and talked about her brand, financial aspects, challenges, future plans and a lot of other things that don't come into my mind now. What got me is her palpable desire to build a clean brand, that delivers not only clothes, but also positive change in the world though different projects (pur.kids - teaching sustainability and re-use, #emoÈ›ie - helping the association "moving on breast cancer" and other projects that help the local community in times of need). 


It's difficult to start from scratch and be able to create high quality garments while paying your employees a decent wage, donating for good causes and keeping your prices affordable. Yet, good management, dedication and A LOT of work seems to do the trick.


Anyway, let's get into clothes (pun intended, of course)! PUR has 2 categories of ready to wear pieces: the basics and the collections (5 at the moment). By now, I've only ordered basics, but while I stayed there I also got some time to try on other pieces - and my eyes are now set on the #emoÈ›ie hoodie. 

They usually come in neutral (or somewhat muted) colors, making it easy to mix and match with other items. The materials are high quality and locally sourced. We're usually talking cotton blends, linen and linen blends or polyester blend for outerwear mixed with cotton and other natural fibers closer to your skin. I'm quite a picky human when it comes to the comfort my clothes should offer, therefore a breathable, easy to care for material is key. 

Next? Patterns, shapes. Other than the turtlenecks and some of the peonies collection pieces, most of the garments don't have a body fitted shape. Yet, they're very beautifully proportioned and can be easily mixed with either jeans, (sometimes) pretentious skirts, tops and basically 90% of your wardrobe.

They fit nicely on all body types, and, since we don't all come in the same size or shape, Roxana is open to the idea of twitching bits and pieces of the garment in order to make it fit you perfectly.  I got the short "it has pockets" dress make on my size (XS with shorter sleeves) and I can't remember how many times I've been congratulated for the look and asked for more details about the dress. Aaaand that's the power of good fitting

Details. The clothes are perfectly sewed (see the picture below for that perfect seam) and have beautifully embroidered drawings, messages and concepts. The fabric cutting is made while taking into consideration the direction of the fiber. 
I know this seems like a boring information, yet, these kind of details are what keep our clothes looking good after many washes. Remember the fast fashion t-shirts that twist after you take them out of your washing machine? That didn't happen with any of my PUR pieces.


Only for females? For now, you can only find pieces for ladies on PUR's website, but that will soon change. I've already seen some male t-shirts, sewed and ready to be worn, but I won't go into more details just yet. Don't worry, knowing myself, I'll probably order something for me after they'll be up. #genderneutrality for the win. 

I'm sure I forgot to write a lot of stuff, but I'm sure I'll talk about this brand again on my blog. After all, I still have somewhere around 8-9 pieces on my "buy later" list. 
PS. You can return the clothes (if they're either not fitting you or you just changed your mind) or you can ask for modifications if the case is needed. I'd recommend you contact them before ordering if you think the item won't fit your body (be too long, too short or you simply need some help picking up the right size). Being 153 cm tall, this is definitely saving me a lot of trouble. 
PPS. She's proudly wearing her own clothing. That's saying a lot. 



Share:

Post a Comment

Designed by OddThemes | Distributed by Blogger Themes