Find yourself a signature fragrance

I have one friend that has an amazing taste when it comes to fragrance. She discovered some white mush fragrance oil that became her signature perfume - and one cannot ignore her when she enters the room.
I, on the other hand, do not have anything like that. I enjoy playing with perfumes - I change them daily & I have preferences when it comes to summer or winter. I am anything but a monogamous person when it comes to perfumes. Yet, in the same time I find myself picking over and over the same kind of fragrances: either dark, musky, filled with tobacco scent, or fresh & citrus-y, similar to Mandarino di Amalfi from Tom Ford. I must admit, Tom Ford is one of my passions when it comes to deep, luxurious scents that I'd put on my skin. 

But hey, my writing is going into a totally different direction than the one I planned. I wanted to talk about the fact that scent is one of the most powerful anchors that we have linking to our memories. I remember some candy sweet perfume from when I was little, I can recognize anywhere and anytime some old spray I used to hide in my closet when I was in high-school and so on. 

Times, people and places have their own perfume. I was thinking - just a few moments ago (after a few glasses of whine) that when it comes to branding, this is one of the things that most people tend to forget about. 
Last week I told you about my trip in Austria - and I was thinking: I have some pictures, I have some actions printed into my mind, I have faces and hopefully newly made friends. But I miss a scent. Maybe hotels should find their own unique scent that they put in your room. The scent that you should be offered when you leave - the ones that makes you remember and come back.

The coziness from Murau-Kreischberg convinced me I'd love to come back. The swimming pool and the sauna can be found in other places as well, but if I could recommend something, it'd probably be something that was comfortable and familiar to me . In Alpenblick Hotel I swam, I spent in my time in the sauna together with an amazingly beautiful woman. I'm adding a new dimension to my memories: people. 

The ones that I came there with (almost all of them unknown to me before) and the ones that took care of my well-being. 
I'm also remembering the guy that poured the wine and made the cocktails. (picture attached - maybe there are many reasons for this though) And the food, the wine, the choices that I was given defined the experience.

So did the design of everything that was around me: both man-made and natural. The wooden furniture had a specific texture and smell. So did the cellar. The white, fresh sheets, the bathroom. This brings me a again to scents. 
Since it was a 4 star hotel, I was offered cosmetics. Each with their own fresh - but generalist scents. I'd change that. I need something more complex and personal. I remember going out with my mulled wine with cinnamon and feeling the cold air in my nostrils, as well as the snow falling down and covering my hair. I'd say homey, hygge scent. But one needs to find a real perfume for thins. 

And I'm asking you. What scent would you attribute to Austria's ski slopes? To Austria's winters? To spas? All at one. Should be warm & fresh at the same time: mulled wine, fresh sheets, snow, cozy, sweet. It should be easy to accept and wear - but defined and exclusive. So? Help me find that scent?
Share:

Post a Comment

Designed by OddThemes | Distributed by Blogger Themes